SOLVED Start Button stopped working

Reaction score
After two restarts, I still cannot get my Start button, or "Ask Cortana" to work when I left-click on them. The Start button works when I right-click (taking me to a menu, but not the Start menu). I have not installed any software recently.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I looked it up on the web. I found an article explaining how to go into Power Shell, where you might be able to solve the issue. I followed their first suggestion and three restarts later, the problem has disappeared.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Vince.
Would you consider, possibly sharing a link to the solution that you found.

Reaction score
After two restarts, I still cannot get my Start button, or "Ask Cortana" to work when I left-click on them. The Start button works when I right-click (taking me to a menu, but not the Start menu). I have not installed any software recently.

Any suggestions?

Vince What are the kids up to today. My first thought was they change changed your mouse for left hand. :D

Reaction score
The kids are going to be thrilled today when they find out that I bought a new laptop yesterday. I am now back up to three laptops for them. A thunderstorm had destroyed one of my other ones. Since laptops in Mexico cost about double what they do in the US, you will be happy to know that it cost me $189, and it runs great.

Some of my loyal Windows 10 friends won't be too happy to learn that it is a Haier 11.

Reaction score
The kids will be thrilled. Haier 11 is the same price in Canada. The only difference would be the keyboard layout.
Every PC sold in Canada is mandated to have both US and French interchangeable key board options.

Ask a Question