Start Menu And Cortana Do Not Function

Reaction score
When clicking on the start menu or using the windows key on my keyboard nothing happens as well as trying to type in the search bar. I have tried running commands in power shell and booting my pc in safe mode using msconfig, but both of these had no effect. I also tried create a new user account but when i click on "create new user" nothing happens no loading or sign of any process taking place nothing happens. And i cant reinstall windows because windows is forcing me to delete about 630 gb worth of files and games which i dont want to re download since it will take a month, and an even longer time to reconfigure them and add all the mods i had within the game files

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I also tried create a new user account but when i click on "create new user" nothing happens no loading or sign of any process taking place nothing happens
Since it is not clear exactly what you can or cannot do, try these steps to create a new user and see if it works.
Go to
C:\Windows\System32
Find
Cmd.exe
Right click it and choose run as administrator
At the admin command prompt type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type
net localgroup administrators JohnSmith /add
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
Restart and log in as JohnSmith

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What says "access is denied"?
When you attempt to browse to the file cmd.exe?
OR
When you try to run as administrator?
OR
Something else?

Ask a Question