SOLVED Streaming software

Reaction score
I'm wanting to stream from my PC to my TV. My Tv is currently connected to a ROKU device. In order to communicate between my PC and my ROKU at the TV, will I need to install additional 'streaming software' at my PC?

Reaction score
The easiest way is if you have another HDMI connector on the TV just connect the PC to the TV via HDMI cable and it will project to TV. Your not really streaming, You can use roku to do it wirelessly.

Reaction score
My laptop can cast to my Roku stick.. this is one of the newer Roku sticks

It works fine, but I generally just use the HDMI cable.

So go to Connect and see if your Roku shows as a device. Try to connect...IIRC you will get a dialog on the TV for Roku to accept this on the first time you do it.

MY desktop cannot cast to anything as the video card does not support it...but I can cast from the laptop to the PC. Weird stuff.

Reaction score
Okay, and thanks for your input. I'll use a cable since my "connect" doesn't seem to provide access to my ROKU.

Reaction score
Hello Powrus. I stream through my DVD player which is connected wirelessly to my modem/router that connects to my PC. It uses the functionality of DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) built into Windows.

In Windows, go to Control Panel/Network and Sharing/Change Advanced Sharing Settings. You'll be advanced to the screen where you can set sharing settings for: Private/Guests or Public/All Networks.

You should turn-on access in all these sections. When you get to the All Networks, you'll see Media Streaming under which there will be blue text that says, "Choose Media Streaming Options..." Click on that.

The next page will display a box that reads "Turn on Media Streaming". The next page will show all devices in your system. Make sure to Allow these devices and then click on Customize on your device.

On the Customize page you'll want to check "Make all media available to this device".

After having done that, you will be able to stream your music, photos, etc. to you TV.

Best of luck.

Ask a Question