SOLVED Streaming with Windows Media Player

Reaction score
I have Pure Evoke which I had been using to stream music from my PC. For some reason it will now not stream my playlists. Also it will play the first track
of an album but starts buffering.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Mike V

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

look at Options > Network in Windows Media Player and check your Multicast Stream settings there:

1585985001216.png

How are you connecting, via LAN cable or WiFi?.

Reaction score
Using WiFi, just a few feet away.
My network settings look just as yours, multistream is checked.
I have just downloaded something for media player from MS and player is now reloading my music.
The set up worked fine a while back, on the Evoke it showed the two profiles from the PC and you just selected the one you wanted.
It did work ok.
I'll see how I get on with this latest change.
Thanks for the response

Mive V

Reaction score
Thanks again, however mine is Evoke C-F6 and is up to date with it's software.
Interestingly, in the library I cannot stream my playlists but if I select an album it lets me cast to the Evoke and will play the first track, then buffers. I have sent another request to the company and have suggested that maybe I should return the product.

Mike v

Reaction score
Do you have any settings on your system or your router that are meant to control streaming bandwidth, such as QoS?

Is anything you are doing related to outside streaming and not only your local network? My network has been slow lately and I have to refresh many of the sites before they will come up. Just thinking mine is related to the Virus and increased streaming usage..

What link speeds are you showing for the Wi-Fi (Settings-Network-View Network Properties) and what transfer rates are showing in the Performance tab for network while you are streaming? I don't use that software but I noticed some comments about some changes for DNLA in some builds. It could be related to some Windows update..

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I am not too sure about checking those settings. I am beginning to think that the problem has something to do with 10 updates. I shall keep trying, uninstalling and reinstalling media player. On one occasion I uninstalled it and it was still there despite Windows telling me I'd uninstalled it.

Regards

Mike V

Ask a Question