SOLVED Stuck during Windows 10 reset

Reaction score
Hi was hoping you might be able to help I've got a Windows 10 laptop hp, I have gone to reset it and clear it to give to my friend and it seams to be stuck on 64% even though it keeps turning on and off and its been on a day and night I really don't know how to get out of this. Please can anyone help me?

Reaction score
HI Tara,

if you have a recovery disk, insert it in the drive and boot from it and go to repair options:

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/advanced-startup-options.38/

Most laptops have a recovery partition, when you boot it up, press the F11 or maybe F7 key quickly (it will quite possibly tell you on the screen what key it is?) so you can get into recovery mode and reset the laptop from there, you will need to check what key it really is as the two options above are only examples!.

What make and model laptop is it?. :)

Reaction score
HI Tara,

if you have a recovery disk, insert it in the drive and boot from it and go to repair options:

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/advanced-startup-options.38/

Most laptops have a recovery partition, when you boot it up, press the F11 or maybe F7 key quickly (it will quite possibly tell you on the screen what key it is?) so you can get into recovery mode and reset the laptop from there, you will need to check what key it really is as the two options above are only examples!.

What make and model laptop is it?. :)

Reaction score
Hi wolfie thank you for your help I've done what you said it was f11 so selected to reset everything and just clean my files as it hasn't really been used thank you so much 2 days and nights been trying to sort this lol so glad I found this site lol thank you again

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question