Stuck in screensaver loop

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a thinkpad yoga 460 and I can't access my computer because it won't let me get past the screensaver. I just closed my laptop to put it in standby last time I used it. Went to use it again hours later and got greeted with the screensaver as usual. Whenever you try to do anything to try to log-in (i.e. press enter, spacebar, click) the picture disappears for a second to show a blue screen with a white rotating loading icon before a black screen for a split second before showing me the screensaver picture again as if I had done nothing. Nothing I've tried gets me out of this loop, pressing the power button only puts it back in standby without making the software restart at all and there is no way to make the software restart or shut down from the screensaver, only the time, date, battery icon and Wi-Fi status; everything else results in the same loop. The volume and brightness controls still work as normal. My only idea is to let it sit there and eventually run down the battery and hope it sorts itself out when I start it back up again afterwards.

Anyone have any idea what's happened and what I can do to fix it?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
If you can pull the battery out, try doing that and let is sit for 5 minutes then re insert and power up.

Ask a Question