Stuck loading before login screen

Heg

Reaction score
FileDownloadHandler.ashx
Hello,

I have a problem with my Dell laptop it is stuck before I can login.

I have this problem after I used JetClean.

My laptop is running Windows 10.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I'm not familiar with JetClean or what it does exactly. Some such applications offer to save the changes that it makes and a means by which to undo those changes, so..... you might want to look into that.
Otherwise, it looks like your best bet might likely be a System Restore to a point in time prior to the problem.
You may need to boot from the installation media and use the advanced troubleshooting tools to actually perform this, if your computer is not useable in its' current state.

RepairYourComputer.png

THEN

CommandPrompt.JPG

Heg

Reaction score
My computer is not usable but there are a lot of files that I want to keep. So is there a way to fix this without resetting/reinstalling windows.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes as I explained above. Just boot from the installation media and use the Repair your Computer link to get to the advanced troubleshooting tools.
IF you do not have the installation media you will need to create it and for that you will need a second working computer.
You need to build your own installation media to boot your system. Go here.....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Get a copy of the ISO and save it to your computer read the subsection titled Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC (click to show more or less information)
You can use the media creation tool to write to either a DVD or a USB ThumbDrive but I generally use
ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download (simply install it and then right click the ISO and choose Open with and select ImgBurn from the context menu)
OR
Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive http://rufus.akeo.ie/ (just run the program and configure it according to your system needs)

Rufus.JPG

Use that installation media to boot the system click the Repair Your Computer link on the second page after the Choose a Language and Keyboard layout page.That should get you to the Advanced Troubleshooting options.
Sometimes those options work better when attempted from the installation media.

RepairYourComputer.png

Use that to try
System Restore
OR
Try using "Startup Settings" to boot into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking, which should allow you to backup critical files and data.

Reaction score
I have run into the same issue, I have used jetclean to repair many PCs over the past years, great app,
a standard part of my process is to use Jet clean to tidy windows up etc,
some PCs with Passcode log in whether it's a password or PIN to enter windows will result in a Log in Loop, where u push a button and "normally" your name will pop up where u enter in your pin or password, and it disappears as quick as it appeared,
essentially locking you out of windows,
Now I have tried all the aforementioned tips but none of these work, however, 1 pc completed = the system restore and resolved this issue where other PCs do not recover from a system restore, and will still present the issue, i havnt found much help online most people will bang on its a virus and twist the topic.
now that aside , any fix tips and hints apart from start-up repair "doesn't work" system restore etc?
why would windows do this , what files are affected , or what boxes do you untick in the Jetclean app to remove the cleaning of particular files , any way chur

hope someone can help

Ask a Question