Installed Windows 10. Stuck at white circle for Loading Screen.

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 on my HP 15044NR laptop (2013) model that came originally with Windows 8.1. I get the image at the bottom of the screen whenever it has to be restarted. I have a 32 bit PC. I can only use it if I reinstall Windows 10.

Pic below: Any ideas would be WONDERFUL! (It's driving me INSANE!)
FileDownloadHandler.ashx

Reaction score
Is this a clean install of Windows 10 or did you do an in-place upgrade using the free upgrade?

Reaction score
I think I did an in place Leo. The little Windows ten free upgrade icon at the bottom of my old system.

Reaction score
Hmm, well, you aren't the only one who has had issues upgrading to Windows 10. I just upgraded today and had no issues with the install, however, I used a Windows 10 DVD that I burned from downloading a Windows 10 ISO from the Microsoft website.

A friend of mine had a preinstalled version of Windows 7 Pro and upgraded to Windows 10. Problem he had is when the system would copy the files during installation, it would fail.

I installed a clean copy of Windows 7 and then the install to 10 went fine afterwards. It seems there are more problems with people having upgrade issues on preinstalled systems.

We're you able to set up Windows 10 at all? Or was it stuck there after the upgrade? It's looking to me like a bad Windows 10 install.

Are you able to restore your laptop back to factory defaults?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you know where you were at in the process? How far along the upgrade was at this point?
Have you tried the Ctrl + Alt + Delete key combo to see if that produces anything.
If you have any USB Dongles supporting wireless devices of any kind attached you might want to try removing them.

Reaction score
yes, Windows 10 installed fine just until it has to be restarted. I have it now. The issue is the PC cant restart without getting stuck.

Reaction score
Trouble, I did look at Task Manager but I don't see anything out of place. Is there something that I should do/look for there?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Trouble, I did look at Task Manager but I don't see anything out of place. Is there something that I should do/look for there?
If you can launch Task Manger, try using it to boot the computer into safe mode or safe mode with networking.
Use File from the menu bar to run new task and type
msconfig
and hit enter or click ok
then use the boot tab to check the
Safe boot box
and the
Network radio button.
Then restart.
See if the computer boots OK into Safe Mode with nominal drivers in the mix.

Reaction score
If you can launch Task Manger, try using it to boot the computer into safe mode or safe mode with networking.
Use File from the menu bar to run new task and type
msconfig
and hit enter or click ok
then use the boot tab to check the
Safe boot box
and the
Network radio button.
Then restart.
See if the computer boots OK into Safe Mode with nominal drivers in the mix.
Yes it worked fine. What do i do now?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You probably need to consider what programs you have installed that are launching at startup when you boot into normal mode that may be preventing the computer from booting fully. It can be something as simple as a Security Program like Norton.
Additionally, any USB attached peripherals, especially anything supporting wireless devices (keyboard, mouse, network, etc.,). Unplug them from your computer.

What you can try is returning the PC to normal boot by reversing the settings you performed in msconfig to get it to boot in safe mode and then prepare it for a Clean Boot
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
That will (if done correctly) disable all the startup items as well as all non-Microsoft services.
Then, if it boots normally in a clean boot configuration you'll need to start by individually or in very small groups re-enabling the non-Microsoft services and graduate to re-enabling the startup items, again one at a time or in small groups, rebooting after each change to test the impact.

My initial thoughts were a driver was likely involved and that assumption may still be correct but a clean boot may help tell us if it is still a driver problem or some third party software.

Reaction score
That seems complicated. Im doing a system restore now. Is a clean reset easy? Im sick of windows 10 and just want function back. I have a 32gb backup usb as well.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You don't exit.
You reverse what you have done.
Right click the start button and choose run and type
msconfig
hit enter or click ok
select the Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 on my HP 15044NR laptop (2013) model that came originally with Windows 8.1. I get the image at the bottom of the screen whenever it has to be restarted. I have a 32 bit PC. I can only use it if I reinstall Windows 10.

FileDownloadHandler.ashx

See My Thread, Friend !

Reaction score

FileDownloadHandler.ashx

See My Thread, Friend !

Ask a Question