Surface Pro 5

Reaction score
I need some help please! I have a Surface Pro 5 which I want to give to a family member. It is connected to my Office 365 Family. How do I change the Admin/user, login details, remove my documents etc and then share 365 without sharing my Onedrive and its information? In fact set up Onedrive and use of 365 separately for the new owner. I have other software that I have downloaded which she will also find useful so I am trying to avoid doing a complete format of the hard- drive. And while I am here - is it likely that this model of Surface Pro will ever be able o be upgraded to Windows11? Appreciate any hints.

Reaction score
Last question, look in Windows Update in Settings, should show if it can't be Upgraded to Win11. Two big things needed, TPM/Trusted Platform Module and the type of CPU. An Intel list of supported CPUs is at

As for Office, can't say as I haven't worked with 365 [my clients are older and needs different].

I recently worked on a Notebook that was being given away, just when logged in with admin rights I created a new User Account with Administrative Rights. Then as a precaution I saved all the original User documents [weren't many as it had mostly been used for projecting in a church], rebooted into the new User then removed the original User, worked out great. Didn't have to worry about installed programs as they remained installed. It had not been set up with a Microsoft Account and did not have Office, only Local Account with Admin [not Standard] so was relatively easy.

Last edited:

Ask a Question