System Restoration?

Reaction score
Can you restore a system image created with win 10 home from and upgraded version of windows 7 to windows 10?
As I understand it the hard drive file system is different.....(Partitions) is it going to be fixed? why create an image if you know it wont restore ? it's a false since of security.......do i need to use this free software instead? http://www.partition-saving.com
Copyright © 1999-2016 D. Guibouret

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you restore a system image created with win 10 home from and upgraded version of windows 7 to windows 10?
Yes..... assuming you are talking about restoring the "image" to the same computer that it was created from (on).
As I understand it the hard drive file system is different
Why would the hard drive file system be different, if it's the same computer?

The idea of creating a disk image is that so, you can recover the computer to a known good condition that existed when the image was created.
The image is generally specific to a computer and a point in time and not intended to be used to recover a different computer.

If you can be more specific as to the problem you are encountering, perhaps someone will have some ideas to offer.

Reaction score
As far as I understand you have made a system image in Windows 10 home (possibly with the built-in feature).
The file system in Windows 7 and Windows 10 are the same (NTFS). I am reading through the lines that you possibly want to restore Windows 7, is that right?

Ask a Question