SOLVED Task Manager says my laptop's 1866MHz DDR4 is 1067MHz?

Reaction score
I have 1866MHz RAM, I can verify this because Speccy says it's 933MHz, and RAM is DDR(Double Data Rate), so I do 933x2 and I get 1866. But for some reason, Task Manager says I have 1067MHz, why is this? My CPU and motherboard support 1866MHz RAM from what I can find out, and I have an APU which supports up to 1866MHz RAM. My RAM is Dual Channel just to clarify.

EDIT: I just solved this, I used Calculator for a few minutes and kept multiplying 933 until I found the solution, it turns out that Windows Task Manager only shows 74.8% (close to 3/4) of 1866MHz, the reason for this being that the RAM is in dual channel (most likely, I'm just taking a guess here but this seems like the most likely reason)

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Assuming you have two equal size DDR sticks of ram, it ought to be running in Dual Channel.

Do you know whether you set it up that way or not?

Apart from that though, pretty sure Task Manager only displays actual speed in use rather than full capacity, but happy to be corrected if that is wrong train of thought.

Reaction score
Assuming you have two equal size DDR sticks of ram, it ought to be running in Dual Channel.

Do you know whether you set it up that way or not?

Apart from that though, pretty sure Task Manager only displays actual speed in use rather than full capacity, but happy to be corrected if that is wrong train of thought.

I already solved the problem, Windows 10 only shows 3/4 out of 1866, I worked that out using Calculator, I know that 933*2 is 1866, and I took 933 and multiplied it by 1.14365, giving me a total of 1067.02545. I didn't even put in the RAM sticks myself, Acer did, I have an Acer Aspire laptop. And my RAM is DDR4, not DDR, my computer isn't that old, it's a mid 2016 Acer Aspire laptop (I only got it this June though) that came with Windows 10 version 1607 (haven't bothered upgrading though). I have 16GB RAM, 15.5 usable because of my AMD Radeon R7 APU graphics.

Last edited:

Ask a Question