Task Scheduler - start a program

Reaction score
The Task scheduler to start a program does not work in win 10. It will display a message but not start a 3rd party backup program. Does anyone have an immediate solution as I use the scheduler to shutdown windows when the backups are completed.

Regedit32

Reaction score
You sure about that?

I've not experienced any issues with Task Scheduler.

Could you post some screen shots of your settings for the Task you are having trouble to start.

Also, what is the third party application you are trying to start in this method?

Reaction score
Windows 10 Pro, task scheduler works OK on my machine. Does your backup program not have a checkbox to shut the computer down when finished. You could check Services > Task Scheduler, and see if it's running and set to Automatic.
Task scheduler is also dependent on Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and System Event Broker. Does your backup program not have a checkbox to shut the computer down when finished?

Reaction score
Windows Task Scheduler has never worked with AOMEI Backupper. It flat out refuses to run a scheduled backup (on multiple PC's). Fortunately AOMEI has on option to install a service to schedule backups. That may be a program issue, I don't know.

Reaction score
I run Aomei Backupper from Windows 10 Home Scheduler every night. Never had a problem.

Reaction score
It runs for me, but only after selecting "install a service to schedule backups". Both on my main PC and my old gaming PC (before and after clean install of windows). And both with the free and the pro version.

Reaction score
Task scheduler will open SyncBackSE but it will not run the profile "Outlook_Philip" then when finished shutdown
upload_2017-8-17_20-34-15.png

It does not recognize the additional arguments: -m <Profile Name> -shutdown. Any suggestions.

Reaction score
Windows Task Scheduler has never worked with AOMEI Backupper. It flat out refuses to run a scheduled backup (on multiple PC's). Fortunately AOMEI has on option to install a service to schedule backups. That may be a program issue, I don't know.
I have same problem with AOMEI Backupper Professional. I use Windows 10 prof but the scheduler does not work when I set system shut down. This process do not run and do not make anything.
Altough when I set daily or weekly backup there is work normaly.
Furthermore I found an interesting thing: I installed Acronis True image 2018 and when I set Acronis schedule to make a backup when I put shut down than runs the Acronis backup process and also run the Aomei backup process.
When I turn off Acronis shut down process than Aomei backup process does not work in shut down.
I dont know what is the problem and what is the solution. As a matter of fact, it is very annoying.
I have been trying this problem for 3 days.

Ask a Question