Taskbar Icons labels

Reaction score
Somewhere (I think in settings), I changed something and now when taskbar items are active the item is labeled (e.g. Firfox icon has words "Create Thread | Wi..."next to it right now, while I'm on this page). Used to just show icon and if hovered arrow over it would show small windows of that item that were open which, if you clicked on one, would open that window on the main page. Now (with the icon labels) it only shows the page that is now open, not the others. (Searched forums for "taskbar icon labels" and found nothing.) Have attached screenshot.
How can I get back to the way it was before?, which I prefered. Have gone to settings, don't see "displays" anywhere...have clicked around and can't find anything that looks like what I did before...thoughts?
Thx for any help..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-04-21 08.42.36.png
    Screenshot 2018-04-21 08.42.36.png
    201.8 KB · Views: 516
Reaction score
If I understand you :
right click the taskbar and select "Tasbar settings"
Scroll down to "combine taskbar buttons" and select "Never"
I think, at some stage, you accidentally selected "Always hide.."

Reaction score
perhaps I wasn't clear. I see all my original icons on the taskbar, but ones that are open also have verbage descriptions beside them (as shown in the previously attached screenshot). My desire is to get rid of the written labels and have just the icons be shown. All taskbar settings are at "off". Search says "no results to 'taskbar labels' " and "never" is he selection in "combine taskbar buttons". thx

Reaction score
PAllen.38 "Hide Taskbar Labels"
Go into Settings, > Personalization, > Taskbar, scroll down the page to "Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons" OFF
and "Combine Taskbar buttons" select "Always, hide labels"

Reaction score
PAllen.38 "Hide Taskbar Labels"
Go into Settings, > Personalization, > Taskbar, scroll down the page to "Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons" OFF
and "Combine Taskbar buttons" select "Always, hide labels"

Reaction score
Sorry. My misunderstanding. I thought you wanted to see the labels.

Ask a Question