Taskbar won't remember height

Reaction score
Annoyance: I set my taskbar (Win 10 Creator's) height to 2 rows, and log off, when I reboot the machine, the taskbar reverts to 1 row. This is on my laptop's Win 10 installation; Win 7 on the same machine remembers its TB height was set to 2 rows. Any Ideas? I'm a techie...

Reaction score
Hi bachware,

did you make sure that "Lock the taskbar" has a tick it it after making changes? (right click bottom panel). :)

Reaction score
Hi bachware,

did you make sure that "Lock the taskbar" has a tick it it after making changes? (right click bottom panel). :)
Yep. That was the first thing I tried. Whether the box is ticked or not makes no difference: If I drag the TB's top border to make it 2 rows, if I log off & back on, it reverts to 1 line. It does not do that on my tower computer, though. Its TB is 4 rows, and stays that way between sessions.

Reaction score
To clarify. You have resized with the taskbar double width, and then locked it. I must admit, I have tried every known combination and, when set,my taskbar remains double width.

Do you have any graphics enhancers or add-ons running?

Reaction score
Yes. Locked box un-ticked, 2-row height taskbar, tick the box, shut down, reboot, 1-row TB. There are no graphics enhancers or add-ons running, just the OEM video driver.

Reaction score
Interesting: If I SIGN OUT from the profile and back in, the TB 2-line height is there. It's when shutting down and rebooting the laptop, then I have to force it back to 2 lines, so it seems that the O/S is reverting either in shutting itself down or starting back up. Again, Win 7 remembers its TB-height setting on the laptop, and Win 10 on my non-mobile tower computer always does.

Ask a Question