Temporary Disable Windows Defender

Reaction score
I've been trying to get my Big Fish Games going in build 9926 but there is something preventing the install and activation. I'd like to temporarily disable Defender to see if it is causing the problem but I cannot find a way to do it. Any ideas?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You should be able to just type "defender" into search and click it and then go to settings tab at the top and then Real time protection on the left and uncheck the box in the middle and save settings.

Reaction score
Aha! That worked except the game still won't finish the activation process. Guess Defender is not the problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You've got me..... my game play is restricted to solitaire and such so I'm of no use to you there.

Reaction score
What Solitaire game are you using? I've been a bit hesitant about the apps available in the "store" because they all get access to my internet connection and some even gain access to pictures and other files. I'm not happy about granting access to my system to some outside interest.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm trying to keep my current Windows 10 as close to "All Microsoft" all the time as I possibly can so as not to have other third party apps possibly causing issues that might impact my ability to accurately report problems with the OS, so I'm just using the Microsoft Solitaire Collection, from the Store / xBox Games.
Xbox privacy policy is clearly indicated here http://www.microsoft.com/privacystatement/en-us/xbox/default.aspx
and is about as routine as you're going to find with respect to using and sharing personal data.
As I've said before this thing doesn't really have anything on it, not even a doc or spreadsheet so they can have at it as far as I'm concerned, but..... those access permissions are pretty much the current "Nature of the Beast".

Reaction score
You're right. I try to exercise caution and pay attention to security of my information but I guess there are times when you just have to trust a third party.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As frightening as that may seem.
Although "trust" is probably to strong a word... I'll never actually "trust" them as some of those permission lists in some of the app settings are completely ridiculous so I try to keep them at a minimum and cross my fingers that I won't be too terribly abused.

Ask a Question