Text colour

Reaction score
Hi

I am trying to amend a document to send round - I want to make the changes in red - I can do this but I can't see the changes until I print the document. How can I see the changes in red on the screen?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Alfie,

Welcome to the Forum

What type of document are you talking about? (e.g. pdf, doc, docx, txt)

Also, what text editor are you using and its version, (e.g. Word 2007, Adobe acrobat)

Reaction score
I am using a docx document and just amending that in red to show additions etc.before I share round.

Reaction score
Click on the pieces of text to be changed to select them and then click on the red underlined A Simple but tedious if you have lots to do. But you see the changes on screen.

Or select the Review tab somewhere in there is will allow you to do this, mark changes and additions to almost any depth. IIRC you have to select something in the view tab to see this on screen before saving.

Word has had these things since at least 10 years ago.

Reaction score
Thanks - having been using the simple method you describe for several years but since purchasing this new desktop with Windows 10 this feature no longer works!!!!

Reaction score
Alfie It may be worth viewing the page layout tab and check "Themes" Mine theme is set by default to "Office" and I don't have the problems your experiencing. I have MS Office 2010.

Reaction score
Thanks - having been using the simple method you describe for several years but since purchasing this new desktop with Windows 10 this feature no longer works!!!!

??? I have Word and Office 2016 on Windows 10 and when I saw your question I immediately tried it and it worked for me! Whatever 'Themes' are current on my PC are just whatever came when I downloaded Office. This PC had Office on it since 2010 and Open Office before that and I have a mixture of .ddoc,.docx and odt text files.

Reaction score
Tim I have never viewed themes either until Alfie posted. LOL
I didn't know themes even existed and I've used MS for years, both at home and work.
But I did see different color pallets in the various themes. Thought it may solve Alfie's dilemma.
It's great when we can learn something new everyday. That's why I enjoy this Forum.

Reaction score
Tim I have never viewed themes either until Alfie posted. LOL
I didn't know themes even existed and I've used MS for years, both at home and work.
But I did see different color pallets in the various themes. Thought it may solve Alfie's dilemma.
It's great when we can learn something new everyday. That's why I enjoy this Forum.

I just took another look (explore) MS Office 2010. If MS Word .doc or docx is open, clicking on the "Review Tab" it allows you to Track Changes, Show Markup, Final Markup.

Reaction score
Yes Norton, I said that feature had been in Word for a long time. I used it when I was a working stiff.

Reaction score
Tried this on friend's computer last night and it works as it should so am guessing I have a problem with the software. Will just have to use laptop for certain things!! Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question