The 100% Disk Activity Again

Reaction score
Hiya

just checking on the off chance anyone has found any solution to the 100% Disk Activity after Start Up (Pid 4) problem? I stopped SuperSearch and did all the other things I was supposed to do on here, but I still get this (see attached). After a while (10-15mins) things slow down but it seems to go through files one by one.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Attachments

• DiskActivity.jpg
    DiskActivity.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 921

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Most of the time when you have something like this....it's a good indicator that you have malware/spyware of even a Virus still lurking in the system. Sometimes it deeply embedded and the most common cleaners don't know where to look.

Try "Norton Power Ereaser" .... free and works.

https://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx

Reaction score
Thanks - it asks me to restart to do a boot scan - when I do, laptop restarts but I'd expect after restart Norton would pop up again to scan the rest but it doesn't, so I have to manually restart it from the Download folder and go through the same routine again.
Currently doing a Windows Operating System scan...

Bif

Reaction score
Just a side note,
Unless you are a real techie and know what each file and program is and does on your system I'd be hesitant if not at least incredibly careful using Norton Power Eraser..as it will indiscriminately flag and possibly delete things that aren't undesirables.

Reaction score
Done the two scans that didn't involve the "restart 4 rootkit" routine, ie Operating System and Unwanted programs and it didn't find anything untoward.

Reaction score
Since you did not show us the full System view, what was actually using all that Disk transfer? It should be listed in the second pane "Filtered by System".

The disk response time is fairly slow but that might be due to the high activity. If the system was doing some type of scan, you need to check it with nothing else going on.

DRT.jpg

Ask a Question