"This PC is Compatible" "0 apps incompatible"

Reaction score
That is what the Windows 10 installation invitation says but it certainly is not how it works. Just installed on one of my W7 computers Running an Intel I-7 and had to reinstall my HP printer driver, my AMD video driver, my Private Firewall and a few other applications do not work. It took 2 hours of unproductive time to troubleshoot all of these problems.

On another computer that still runs
Windows 7, I have Adobe CS6 which I use everyday and there is a mixed bag on the net about whether this is compatible but once again the invitation for this computer says 0 apps incompatible. If this does not work I am out a lot of money and I'll bet the 46 pages of disclaimers in the Microsoft contract say I am out of luck.

Two Questions: Is Adobe CS 6 compatible or not? Don't say it is end of life as it is just 3 years old and used by thousands of people that is just an excuse.

Is the invitation just a big come on or does it actually do an effective scan? Right now it looks like it is untrustworthy.

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

When running windows 7 Adobe CS6 works great, running the same on Windows 10 i found no major issues with Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Dreamweaver but i was continually getting messages saying "This app can't run on your PC" I tried everything to find out which apps it was talking about. It wasn't until i started removing software that i found out that it was Adobe CS6 Master Collection that was causing the issue. I do not know which part of the software was causing the problem and when i searched the web i found no solutions coming from Adobe. I have a feeling that it is caused by the Adobe apps that run in the background processes so the next question is can the software still work ok with these removed. I am like you i do not like being without CS6 as i use it all the time so i think that i may have another go and try to configure what can be deleted.

You are right also with your first statement that Windows 10 invitation says everything is compatible but if your motherboard, printer etc is a few years old you do have a lot searching to find the right updated drivers or buy a newer version. I must admit that i like Windows 10 but there are still a lot of issues and Microsoft are just out to get more people using this system. I recommend to most people who i help with computers to stay on Windows 7 until they are ready for a full upgrade on their computer tower etc. I hope that this helps.

Reaction score
I believe that CS2 is a 32bit system where CS6 is mainly a 64bit system (with certain parts of the software have either 32bit or 64bit option) with Encore, After Effects, Premiere Pro etc being only 64bit. So it could be the parts of 64bit or changes that Adobe have made since CS2 that are causing some of the issues. Thanks for that info BigFeet as i may now have another look at it.

Ask a Question