TO KEEP WINDOWS 10 OR GO BACK TO WINDOWS 7 ?

Reaction score
Had it for a week LOST my mail.. good job i backed it up on my phone. to much gone missing.
think i will go back to 7. has anybody gone back to 7 ?:(:(:confused:

Reaction score
Had it for a week LOST my mail.. good job i backed it up on my phone. to much gone missing.
think i will go back to 7. has anybody gone back to 7 ?:(:(:confused:
I have been using W10 since the first day of release.
Guess i have been lucky no real problems to speak of and i have now installed it on three PCs.
Going back to W7 would be a bit like going back to B/W T.V
But i can understand if your having problems how frustrating it can be i would say most problems will get sorted in the new updates. ;)

Reaction score
Yes I have gone back to win7 after upgrading my Samsung series 7 notebook to win 10.
Reason being is that win 10 does not support the Samsung Easy Setting software, therefore most of my FN keys will not work. So until a solution is reached I have gone back, it was fairly quick no problems at all, but remember you only have a month to go back otherwise you are stuck with win 10.

Reaction score
I have been using W10 since the first day of release.
Guess i have been lucky no real problems to speak of and i have now installed it on three PCs.
Going back to W7 would be a bit like going back to B/W T.V
But i can understand if your having problems how frustrating it can be i would say most problems will get sorted in the new updates. ;)

think it needs a lot of updates:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Went back on my tablet, because of an incompatible touchscreen driver. Just didn't have time troubleshoot. I'll give it another go in a couple weeks. Losing stuff is on the users end. Upgrades are always iffy (that goes for any version). Clean installs are always the way to go. But that means doing full backups.

Reaction score
Yes I have gone back to win7 after upgrading my Samsung series 7 notebook to win 10.
Reason being is that win 10 does not support the Samsung Easy Setting software, therefore most of my FN keys will not work. So until a solution is reached I have gone back, it was fairly quick no problems at all, but remember you only have a month to go back otherwise you are stuck with win 10.

As an update to Samsung and Windows 10. Been onto Samsung who have confirmed Easy Setting software is not compatible with Windows 10, and they are not producing any updates. So I stay with win 7. Goodbye to purchasing anymore Samsung items.

Reaction score
As an update to Samsung and Windows 10. Been onto Samsung who have confirmed Easy Setting software is not compatible with Windows 10, and they are not producing any updates. So I stay with win 7. Goodbye to purchasing anymore Samsung items.

I have a Samsung NP300E5A laptop and do not have any problems with Fn keys they are all working

Reaction score
Most companies rather it be Samsung, Dell, Gateway etc. all build software to work with there products and there products only whether it is Windows 10 or Windows 3.1 and that has always been the downfall of buying a new PC instead of building one. I have a HP laptop as well as Dell PC and both had things they installed on Windows 7 which some I liked some I hated but didn't need any of it or want it but didn't want the problem or problems associated with them. I was so happy to see that Windows 8.1 got rid of most on PC and Windows 10 got rid of it all on both. I not have a clean new install that works really well on both that uses little to no CPU power. Both my products are aging well as one has Intel Core I3 (Laptop) and other is AMD Dual Core and both are doing great on 10 and both have 4 gb memory. Both start up quickly and numbers state they are faster. Does Windows 10 have faults? Yes but nothing I can't live with. All my keys work but shortcuts put in per manufacturer doesn't. Neither of my products is supported by manufacturer for Windows 10. I did lose one of my programs that I needed to reinstall which I needed a key from software company and was told they no longer supported the software so I was to spend money for newer one. Was also told not to upgrade to 10 cause they don't support 10 at this time so if I purchased there product there would be no support. Windows 10 is so new which seems to have put Software companies behind.

Reaction score
I have a Samsung NP300E5A laptop and do not have any problems with Fn keys they are all working

Just been onto Samsung AGAIN! they stated there is approx 5 of Laptops/notebooks which the FN keys will still work when upgrading to Win 10, mine is NP700Z and is compatible to upgrade but in doing so,my FN keys will not work as they need the software Easy Settings which is not supported by Win 10 nor is there any plans of an update by Samsung to rectify the problem. I have upgraded and rolled back twice trying to see if I needed the FN keys, which I do need therefore stick with Win 7.

Reaction score
W10 good on my main computer after a clean install.
But I will stick with W7 on my amateur radio computer.

Reaction score
Just been onto Samsung AGAIN! they stated there is approx 5 of Laptops/notebooks which the FN keys will still work when upgrading to Win 10, mine is NP700Z and is compatible to upgrade but in doing so,my FN keys will not work as they need the software Easy Settings which is not supported by Win 10 nor is there any plans of an update by Samsung to rectify the problem. I have upgraded and rolled back twice trying to see if I needed the FN keys, which I do need therefore stick with Win 7.

Pity you can't fix it or live without them. I get the feeling that Win 7 will have a limited life.

Reaction score
Just as a casual aside I recall reading somewhere that the support for windows 7 extends to 2020.

Ask a Question