Total system freeze/lock-up consistantly after 5 min idle (always DIFFERENT "cause")

Reaction score
Ever since (several times updated) v1703 my HP 840 EliteBook with powerful correct SSD and continually updated everything (incl. all drivers) will totally freeze/lock-up the entire system including the clock after 5 minutes idle (moving the cursor will reset the time limit). This also happens if it is in Sleep mode. The physical off-button and then starting always fixes it. Reliability history ALWAYS shows DIFFERENT paths and DIFFERENT failure "causes".

I have followed basically ALL the available online advice and the only cure I have not tried is disabling C-states in the (also updated) BIOS because there is no way to get into that in this HP device/BIOS. I have noted that many users have similar problems and that MS pussyfoots around but has no real idea (so there is no point in a re-install .... AND the problem started with v1703 and not with WInX Pro before that).

Ask a Question