Total reinstall of Windows 10

Reaction score
Somehow my WLM, or registry, has become corrupt. When I receive an e-mail from either Win 10 forum, or other source that has has a message at the top "to show image" and I try to to get the message an error box pops up - "Invalid value for registry". This also occurs when I try to access e-mail I've received from Win 10 forum and save in a folder.

My question; is there a program similar to the one that was published by Fred Langa in another forum to do an in-place total reinstall of Win 7. My Win 10 was upgrade from Win 7 several months ago, but I do have an new copy of Windows 10 disc. I have a copy of the key that I noted in Belarc Advisor.

If there is such an in place reinstall it would be a great help. If possible I'll try to send a snippet of the error pops up.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 499
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 529

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Trident,

Before you go reinstalling an entire operating system can you do a simple check and post results back to me:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Command Prompt
  • In the Command Prompt window copy & paste the following:

Code:
    REG QUERY "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\Repository\Families\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe"

• Press Enter key to execute
  • Let me know what results you got: a screen capture would be fine

Sample image of possible result:

sample.png

Could you also confirm for me whether you are defaulting to Microsoft Photos app to view images, or whether you are using some other image viewing software, and if so, what.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
You have another thread on this!
Not a good idea to start another. Same guys trying to help.

Reaction score
Regedit32, thanks I'll try your suggestion later on today and fill you in.

davehc; the reason I started another thread - for some reason I didn't have the "upload a file" button available when I originally posted. Thanks for the heads-up.

Ask a Question