TouchPad issue

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new here and seeking help with my laptop touchpad. This is a Samsung QX-410 that was running Windows 7. When I upgraded, I lost advanced features of the touchpad although the basic pointing and clicking worked. When I let Windows find the new driver, the advanced features worked, but every time I would reposition my finger on the touchpad (lift it and put it somewhere else on the toughpad), the pointer would randomly jump to one of the edges of the screen. I tried getting the driver from Samsung with the same results. Also tried getting the driver package from Elan with the same results. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does the driver or drivers that you've decided to use include a Control Panel applet in which you can perhaps adjust for sensitivity and or "Gestures"?
If the Control Panel is in Category View, under View by, click either Large icons or Small icons.
From the Mouse Properties window, click on the ELAN tab.
Click on the Options button.
From the Elan Smart-Pad window, there will be three tabs you can select from to configure each gesture and setting separately.
Once changes have been made click on Apply to save your changes.
Click on Ok once you are finished to close the window.
Something along those lines?

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately this did not fix the problem. I also reached out to Samsung, and they are not supporting this laptop for Windows 10, which is frustrating because it is not that old.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I also reached out to Samsung, and they are not supporting this laptop for Windows 10
Yes, unfortunate indeed.
Hopefully that will make you think twice about buying another Samsung computer. It would seem that many manufacturers both of computers and components are way more interested in selling you a new product, than in honoring and supporting customer loyalty.
But then again, that's the business they're in. The bottom line is the bottom line.

Ask a Question