Touchpad not scrolling since Win 10 upgrade

Reaction score
Hi. since upgrading to Win 10 the Synaptics PS/2 touchpad will not scroll. I have rolled back the driver - didnt work, reinstalled the latest driver (15/7/15) -didnt work, all the relevant check boxes in device setting are enabled.
Any ideas anybody?
(HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC)

Reaction score
Hi. since upgrading to Win 10 the Synaptics PS/2 touchpad will not scroll. I have rolled back the driver - didnt work, reinstalled the latest driver (15/7/15) -didnt work, all the relevant check boxes in device setting are enabled.
Any ideas anybody?
(HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC)
I had that issue on my L755 Toshiba Laptop with the same Touchpad, I found you needed to uninstall the driver that Windows 10 installs, re-boot machine, in my case using the Laptop serial number I located the original OLD driver on Toshibas site, downloaded and saved it, ran it and all is fine.
JW.

Reaction score
I have the same situation with the Elan Touchpad on my Acer laptop. The scroll wheel stops working each time Windows 10 updates anything. I have gone into Windows update and "told" it not to download drivers for other devices, but each time there is any update to Windows 10 it sees I have the old Elan driver and reinstalls the Windows 10 version of the driver. This is frustrating. Windows 10 download history shows that it downloaded and installed the wrong driver 27 times in the last 2 months. You'd think it would have figured out by now that it is the wrong driver. Any ideas anyone? It's a game: I reinstall the correct driver, then Windows 10 update reinstalls the wrong driver.

Bif

Reaction score
I have that same touch pad and drivers on my HP and had no issues at all after upgrading.Perhaps it's a conflict with another driver.
I find it very odd that MS continually gives you the wrong driver for it..so far they've actually been bang on,aside from a few instances.

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest I don't think the new two fingered touch pad operation is anywhere near as good as the old sliding the finger at the side or bottom, or even as positive, plus you tend to find on occasions you've altered the screen display size.

Ask a Question