TPM modules

Reaction score
Here's the latest update. I just came in and found the orange and green light flashing again. The laptop was in sleep mode. Bringing it out of sleep and the flashing orange and green stops. But it will only be a matter of hours and it will be flashing again and remain flashing until I do what I've been doing before.
When you get time, you can guide me through how to check the health of the battery. Thank you again for your efforts and help.
Hello Lawrence~

Sorry for the delay in response.. I was busy/out of town for the weekend.

As far as the 'flashing Battery LED' from what I have been able to find out, upon some more research, is that the Flashing LED while in sleep/hibernation mode is usually normal, and the intermittent flashing after resuming from that mode is APPARENTLY just a 'leftover glitch' for some reason with NO DEFINITIVE solution OTHER THAN to TRY to contact ASUS (even if out of warranty) and they MAY be able to assist you. Other than that I'm kinda stumped myself as to WHY it actually happens and how to DEFINITIVELY prevent it. The only OTHER possibility that IS reported is the POTENTIAL of the battery 'over heating'.

The ONLY other things I COULD potentially suggest are 1) Check your power settings within windows and/or 2) avoid using the sleep/hibernate function.. since that is where it SEEMS like the issue is coming from. Other than those mentioned .. as I said it's got ME stumped and I'm pretty much out of ideas as to how to assist with that issue other than what I have already suggested in other posts .. my apologies.

As far as checking the health/condition of the battery using command prompt .. THAT I can assist with.
1) Do a search in Windows Start Menu for Command Prompt
2) Run Command Prompt AS ADMINISTRATOR
3) Type in or copy and paste the following at the prompt presented powercfg /batteryreport (not bolded just standard type and type it as is presented)

This will/should generate a report with a .html extension and it WILL tell you where it's located/saved to on your computer and what the name of the file is once the report is generated.

Look for that file, either in the exact location that it says where it is OR by searching for the file using Windows file search.
You WILL be able to look at that report with your browser of choice. There are links embedded within the report that you can click on to go from section to section and page to page within the report.

There is NO internet accessibility needed to view the report. I mention this due to the fact SOMETIMES people, erroneously, think that due to the fact of the .html extension it's a WEB-BASED report. It is NOT.

I WILL WARN .. this report IS, and CAN be a bit overwhelming at first if you have never looked at one before .. but it DOES give a LOT of information about the ACTUAL condition and many other aspects of the battery. If the forum allows you to upload it here or in private messages you can send it and I can also take a look at it... I would assume... and see if there is anything in there that MIGHT be of any concern... if it's the case as you mentioned you replaced the battery AND it's a KNOWN GOOD replacement battery there SHOULDN'T be much to worry about in the report.

Good Luck~
LoneWolf

Reaction score
Thank you again for your efforts. Since Friday, this thing hasn't flashed once but it will. As to the flashing being normal, whoever wrote or said that, leaves me questioning them. I've not had this before putting this new battery in here. Also, I think I forgot to mention to you, that this battery charges no more than 97%. It never charges less or more but always 97%.
As to the battery overheating, I've not really noticed that. Feeling it right now, it's next door to cold.
I've just read down through the health and condition of the battery and there is nothing in there that gives me cause for concern, such as "Your battery is ready to explode" or something to that effect.
I want to think it's something to do with the new battery but to get a replacement from the dealer whom I bought it from would be next to impossible I think, especially since I cannot prove it's defective.
It's nothing that I cannot live with and since this machine could possibly outlive me, I'll be content to leave it be. Thank you again for your tireless efforts in attempting to get to the bottom of this or the top of it. All the best!

Reaction score
For my windows box Z370-D3 gigabyte motherboard which I built in 2018. motherboard supports PTT (Platform Trusted Technology). This is a software level TPM and will work for Windows 11 This was told to me by gigabyte tech support. I did find a TPM chip for my motherboard on the gigabyte site though according to gigabyte support I do not need it I will not know if the TPP will work till after 2025 anyway. Check if you have PTT which is disabled by default.

MS did admit they screwed up the requirements for win 11 so the TPM requirement may change. Other wise many computers will be left out which will be less money for MS.

Reaction score
Possibly Microsoft will be eating crow for supper come the end of October and more likely, a piece of humble pie for dessert, especially if they find they have to back off with this TPM thing. But why do I suspect this is more wishful thinking than reality.

Ask a Question