Trackpad clicking issue

Reaction score
So I've been having this issue that's been getting progressively worse, where anytime my laptop enters sleep mode, or if I shut my laptop when its on. After I turn my laptop back on the trackpad starts acting funny. Most of the time I am able click on applications and the task bar, but inside the program or window I can't left-click on any of the features. I can't close the window, I cant click the search bar, I can't click basically anything besides the task bar to minimize the program. I can right click on the home screen and then am able to left click on any of the options, so there is no issue with right clicking. I know that it is not my trackpad that is the issue because I have plugged in a mouse to try to click and the same thing happens, I also have a touch screen and same issues with that as well. In order to fix the problem, I have to reboot my laptop, and often multiple times. I haven't really been able to find much on this issue so any help would be great, thank you.

Last edited:

Ask a Question