Tried to do update but every time i get to about 7% it fails. 2021-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4598229)

Reaction score
2021-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4598229)

Reaction score
cannot get pass 7% witout it failing
Other things to try are use DISM tools to repair your OS Image.
Type CMD
Right-click cmd.exe and select run as Administrator
Copy and paste each tool and allow them to run some will take quite a while as repairs are made.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
SFC /scannow
chkdsk C: /f
This may help, can't hurt anything

Reaction score
I had the same problem on 2 separate computers. I ran sfc /scannow and then the update and it worked.
Exact steps I did: type windows key and x, then select Windows Powershell (admin) the enter sfc /scannow (there is a blank between sfc and /) and let it run its course for quite a while until completed. Restart the computer and relaunch an update (I clicked on the magnifying glass symbol on the left hand corner of the screen, entered "updates" which led me to the right page to do this). It worked on both computers.

Ask a Question