SOLVED Trouble instaling Win 10

Reaction score
Hello I'm Jim.

I'm new here but have progressed through the Windows forums from win 7 and found the support from these places second to none.

I have built a new computer to run my camera and drone files, I have tried to make it a high spec machine to handle the drone video files in particular. I've always tried to get the best bits for my machines over the years hope this ones going to be ok too in the end.

So I'm have a teething problem well a bit more than that, I cant get Win 10 64bit to install. I get to the point after entering the key then choose the drive and start to install but it stops at 11% and gives me an error message. Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing error 0x80070570.

I am using a win 10 usb stick which I used to install on another new box for my son with no problems.

I'm hooping I can get some advice on what may be happening here.
TIA

Cheers
Jim

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did the new machine start with an empty disk? Did Windows install partition the disk correctly? Have you tried making a new USB stick on your sons machine straight from the download centre. Is this new machine built from components including the mobo. Is there a disk of board and component drivers that came with the mobo that you have not installed yet?

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply,

I made another usb with a newer version of Win 10 and it worked, the orignal usb indicated that the version was back in early 2018, so I'm happy now.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Jim

Ask a Question