Trouble with cameras

Reaction score
I have just about managed to get photos from a Canon uploaded, but only going through its software. I then have to move the photos to My Pictures which takes ages. However the PC is not picking up my Panasonic at all. This camera uploaded onto a different PC without Windows 10 a few days ago, so I don't think it or the USB cable are problematic. It doesn't matter which USB port I use... can anyone please offer idiot proof help before I revert back to Windows 7 out of sheer frustration!

Reaction score
Did you look at the Photo App. If I hook up my canon camera then open the Photo App (Don't remember if it was opened first) there is an import button at the top as well as it searches for photos automatically. Do you have the camera showing up in File Explorer under USB? If none of these are working then you might have to download drivers from Panasonic. It takes time for Photo App to sync with my pictures but it does automatically. I fought this until I gave up and came back later to continue fight but pictures were where they were supposed to be.
http://www.panasonic.eu/Downloads/en_GB/popup.html

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
However the PC is not picking up my Panasonic at all.
Unplug your camera.
Open Device Manager
From the menu bar, select View -> Show Hidden Devices
Expand "Portable Devices"
Go through the list and uninstall (right click and choose uninstall) any reference to your camera.
Generally they will be shown as a shadow icon (sort of gray rather than brighter) indicating the device is not connected.
After you clean that up, reboot your computer.
Plug in your camera and see if that helps.

Ask a Question