Troubleshoot C and D drives and Onedrive

Reaction score
I am so confused. My win 7 PC had two partitions. C: for Programs and D: for Data. All photos, music. documents and videos defaulted to D: drive . I upgraded to Win 10 and now I have so many drives and cannot find anything. see snip attached. At this time I do not want to use Onedrive - I use another Cloud storage and prefer that my backups continue to go there. Once all is set up on this PC I want to move everything to a new PC that was already installed with Win10 which also has a partitioned hard drive ( Asus Zenbook UX305) . When everything has been moved I will then look at Office 365 and also use Onedrive but maintaining offline drives. How can I do this?

Attachments

• win 10.JPG
    win 10.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 635

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Viv,

For starters you can organize your storage:
  • Click on Start > Settings > System > in the left pane click Storage
  • Now in the Main window (right pane) under Save locations you can select the drive to save your various data forms to.

Re OneDrive. You can uninstall it if you want to. Although there is no real need to go that far.

What is your System Architecture — 32 or 64-bit?

What edition of Windows 10 are you using — Home, Professional, Enterprise?

Reaction score
The top part of your clip is the Quick Access. If you don't wish to see this, you can hide it.

Click "View" on the top bar menu and then.on the right, click "Options" and "Change folder and search options.

In the first panel, which appears, select "This PC" instead of, (what I think you have), "Quick Access"

This may clear up some of the superfluous display.
Note. This option will not delete/lose those items, merely hide them.

Reaction score
Answers to regedit32 - done that now, thanks! Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. All good on old PC
On the new PC ( also win 10 Pro and 64 bit which I upgraded from Home ) and which I haven't used yet but trying to set up so I can transfer everything with PCmover Express, under My PC it is showing C:\users\mypcname\onedrive for documents, pictures, videos and music. I have moved them by right clicking/location/move to a folder on D:\ Drive called mypcname. I think it is because users is still on c:\drive the new location on D doesn't have users in front of mypcname. In win 7 I was able to move the whole users/mypcname from c:\ to d:\ . Not sure I have described that clearly - not that tech minded. I have tried to find out how to move users from C to D - it seems I should have specified this when upgrading the 10 Home edition to 10 pro but cannot see how to go back and do it. I am concerned when I try and do the transfer the fact that I am not specifying users on the new PC will cause problems.

Ask a Question