Outlook 2013 365 will not work.Win 10 Troubleshooter indicates incompatibility issues

Outlook 2013 stopped working today. Error message indicated "incompatibility issues?

• Outlook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Office 2013

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have tried the Troubleshooter and no suggested actions work. Outlook will open but after about a minute, an error message indicates a "problem" and that the program needs to close.

Reaction score
Outlook 2013 worked fine for me on W10 Insider 10240 and on the 'real' production build on another machine My Outlook is a download from MS as part of the Subscription version of Office.
Not relevant but...I went back to Thunderbird after using Outlook for a week as I did not like it as a mail client.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Outlook will open but after about a minute, an error message indicates a "problem" and that the program needs to close.
Have you tried launching outlook minus any plugins?
Hold the Windows logo key on your keyboard and strike the R key and type
outlook.exe /safe
hit enter
pick your profile, if you have multiple outlook profiles you may want to try this multiple times just to see if there is profile issue with one and not another.
Have you ran scanpst?
I have tried the Troubleshooter
IDK what troubleshooter you've run so far, but .......
There is a pretty good site here http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm
You might want to take a look and see if it might help.

Ask a Question