Troubleshoot MacBook Pro unable to ping and mapped a Windows 10 shared folder

Reaction score
The shared folder has always been working until I bought a new router. Installed it and then my MacBook Pro is unable to map the shared folder on my Windows 10. I tried to ping the Windows 10 and I received a request time out as well. Using the MB Pro, I can ping my printer and other devices fine but just not the Windows 10 computer. Is there something on Windows 10 that I need to turn on/off/allow/configured?

Thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Are you running any third party security suite such as Avira, Avast, AVG, Comodo, McAfee, Norton, etc., etc. on the Windows 10 box?

Reaction score
No, I don't. I did turned the Windows Firewall off and still unable to ping from my MB Pro.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How are you pinging by IP address or Computer Name?
Are you certain that all network nodes are on the same subnet and one or the other is not getting an IP address from a different wireless router?

Reaction score
How are you pinging by IP address or Computer Name?
Are you certain that all network nodes are on the same subnet and one or the other is not getting an IP address from a different wireless router?
Yes, I have tried pining both, name and IP address. And yes, I'm certain that it is on the same subnet because I can ping the MB Pro from the Windows 10 just not from MB Pro to the Win 10.

Ask a Question