Trying to copy a SIMPLE DVD

Reaction score
I have spent HOURS trying to figure out how to copy a DVD I had recorded on my DVD recorder a few years ago. I am not a total novice but neither am I an expert. I appears this DVD has two “files – Video_RM and Video_TS. I see all kinds of “:programs”, but every one seems to be problematic or inscrutable on how to use them. For example, on one of you forums, Handbreak is mentioned, but then when I dive down it appears to be that it is not completely compatable with Windows 10. WHY is it so hard to find a SIMPLE program??? Can anyone help me and suggest a program and step by step directions?

Reaction score
I was just looking at a DVD movie from National Geographic, has 2 folders on it, AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Looking at a commercial movie [El Dorado] only one Folder, VIDEO_TS. Could be the issue is within how or what was used to record. I do most of my copying work using Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator, last copy came with a USB Portable ODD but usually could get for for about $30USB at local WalMart.

Reaction score
I was just looking at a DVD movie from National Geographic, has 2 folders on it, AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Looking at a commercial movie [El Dorado] only one Folder, VIDEO_TS. Could be the issue is within how or what was used to record. I do most of my copying work using Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator, last copy came with a USB Portable ODD but usually could get for for about $30USB at local WalMart.
Thanks, but there are SO MANY "free" programs listed out there, but all very confusing. AND, MY DVD was created from a DVD recorder and the two files needed were the ones I quoted. I WAS able to copy them to my hard drive and then burn them to a new DVD, as there was a "burn" option when I tried to copy them back to the new blank, The DVD is playable BUT there is no menu and very limited display. It's interesting that the tracks do display and play using VLC on my computer. So I guess I will have to live with no display, or menu options to play on the DVD player.

Reaction score
I just put in a movie/video disc I recorded back in 2013 from TCM/Turner Classic Movies, one is monochrome and the other color. The disc contains only 2 folders, VIDEO_RM AND VIDEO_TS. This is the only menu I get, nothing between the 2 movies which were recorded from cable consecutively. [Bad Men of Missouri and Billy the Kid]
1657573701781.png

Reaction score
What I meant by "menu" was a list of the tracks on the disc. See the attached. This was originally recorded on my DVD recorder from TV. What gets even CRAZIER, is that there is ONLY a Video _TS file for this disc! Recorded on the SAME recorder, the other disc had an Audio_TS file as well, yet BOTH of these discs play audio! None of this sounds logical to a guy, who 100 years ago fiddled with DOS, long before Windows! It is all just too bewildering and as long I got a copy that works albeit without the "menu" of tracks
"MENU" a described
see below

Attachments

• goodMenu.JPG
    goodMenu.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 6

Ask a Question