Trying to prepare for Windows 11

Reaction score
I am trying to get core isolation memory integrity turned on in Windows 10 working since Windows 11 supposedly requires it and I am having a lot of trouble with incompatible drivers .I have 13 of them, 5 from Logitech alone, Realteck, Western Digital and others and I am finding it impossible to delete them. Most are from software long deleted. Does the Memory Integrity scan only look for drivers that are installed or at all drivers in windows. I have turned off several in Autoruns and they still appear in the list after a reboot. Several belong to old Logitech gaming software which I have uninstalled but they are still there. What is window 11 going to do when it trys to install in this situation; will it fail or just leave memory integrity turned off? Getting rid of these drivers is turning out to be entirely too much work. If the software that used the drivers is gone or you don't care about it, what happens if you just delete the driver file? I may continue to look for updated files, but if even one driver remains the memory integrity is not going to work.

Reaction score
I'm disappointed that there is no reply after 73 views. Surely everyone with an old but eligible computer who will want to upgrade to windows 11 will have this problem since so many companies write sloppy code and inadequate uninstall programs. I did fine an artice on drivethelife.com by Bessie Shaw which gives instruction for removing drivers when the standard methods fail. (no uninstall program, no entry in device manager that can be found) Which reminds me; why can't Microsoft make it possible to search for a driver name in device manager? Mrs. Shaw's instructions show how to find the drivers in system 32/drivers, the backup files in system32/driverstore/repoitory and change the ownership and permissions to allow you to delete these drivers and instructions how to find and delete the registry entries for these drivers. I have moved the drivers and backups to another folder and there are no incompatible drivers listed in the memory integrity scan. I have not done the registry changes yet; afraid to. Why can't Microsoft or somebody else write a program to automate this

Reaction score
I'm disappointed that there is no reply after 73 views. Surely everyone with an old but eligible computer who will want to upgrade to windows 11 will have this problem since so many companies write sloppy code and inadequate uninstall programs. I did fine an artice on drivethelife.com by Bessie Shaw which gives instruction for removing drivers when the standard methods fail. (no uninstall program, no entry in device manager that can be found) Which reminds me; why can't Microsoft make it possible to search for a driver name in device manager? Mrs. Shaw's instructions show how to find the drivers in system 32/drivers, the backup files in system32/driverstore/repoitory and change the ownership and permissions to allow you to delete these drivers and instructions how to find and delete the registry entries for these drivers. I have moved the drivers and backups to another folder and there are no incompatible drivers listed in the memory integrity scan. I have not done the registry changes yet; afraid to. Why can't Microsoft or somebody else write a program to automate this
Dear Schabelf,
I've just installed Win 11 succesfully with two incompatible drivers, one from Logitech and the other from Saitek. You can upgrade to Win 11 with memory integrity off, assuming your computer meets the other requirements.

Reaction score
Hi,

After uninstalling some drivers, and rebooting I too got core isolation memory issues with some Logitech files.
As I had no other Logitech product I did a search in the registry for Logitech and deleted everything I could.
After a reboot the problem was resolved.
Don't do this without backing up your registry first, and even better making a Windows Restore Point too.

Reaction score
Microsoft themselves have issued a “hack” to bypass the check for tpm/secure boot. I dont think the cpu is a requirement, only advice, as it is connected with the TPM requirement.
Using their hack, I have installed Windows 11 on several incompatible laptops, without incident.
fwiw.
Don't waste time with restore points, get yourself a free backup program like Macrium and start making images

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have installed windows 11 on 15 year old incompatible laptop not very reliable but it did work.

Reaction score
SO far! :confused: My installations have been so succesful, that I am almost at the point of running Windows 11 resident on the laptop I am using right now.

Reaction score
Nice, go for it Dave. Okay so far there are know requirements for core isolation just update if eligible and if not see if you can bypass it or by a knew laptop.

Reaction score
Just FYI,
1) I did a CLEAN install of Windows 11 on my system (R9-3900x, X470 chipset).

2) I figured out that Core Isolation requires Virtualization (SVM for AMD) so enabled that (so Core Isolation can't be on by default AFAIK because virtualization on a non-prebuilt is OFF by default unless future motherboards' UEFI have it enabled by default).

3) I tried to enable Core Isolation but had a driver conflict. That was from Acronis True Image software (most or all versions don't RESTORE a Windows 11 backup image BTW.. it backs up but fails at the end of restore.). I uninstalled Acronis TI and the conflict was not there.

4) So CORE ISOLATION is now enabled...

5) I then installed "AI Suite 3" from Asus which I used to OC my CPU slightly but more importantly fine-tune my fans. I got an error upon REBOOT due to a conflict with "asio2.sys"...

6) I then was forced to DISABLE SVM in UEFI (which in turn prevents VBS' Core Isolation functioning and thus no conflict).
But...

7) After UNINSTALLING AI Suite 3 to remove the conflict and turning Core Isolation back on I then got the conflict with asio2.sys again. What? So something was left behind that I would need to modify my registry to remove.

8) I don't have time to deal with this. I turned Core Isolation off again. Hopefully Asus, Microsoft etc get this sorted out. If not, I'll just take my chances.

(Most security breaches are people clicking on the wrong thing. VBS according to experts I trust has very MINIMAL impact on desktop security)

Reaction score
So are you having a problem that you are concerned about photonboy?
Sorry for delay... my sole point in posting was to show my experience with VBS and Core Isolation in case that helped others here. You can easily get conflicts as others have stated online and this IS the point of this thread.

In my case I can't use the FAN CONTROL + OC software Asus provides. Nor could I find an alternative fan control solution that I liked.

I actually thought my post was pretty self-explanatory.

If I had to point out ONE THING only it would be that disabling virtualization in UEFI will "fix" any crash/reboot issues for the reasons I mentioned. That may be handy to know.

Ask a Question