Problems with et.exe trying to execute

Reaction score
I am running Malwarebytes and HitmanPro Alert, but when booting up, I receive an blocking message regarding et.exe trying to make changes. I do not have any Kingsford software installed. How do I get rid of it?

Reaction score
I do not have any Kingsford software installed
Hi Lois,

did you ever have Kingsford software installed at any time?.

Assuming you can still boot into Windows 10, take a look at Task Manager (Processes and Start-Up) and see if there is anything referring to it and report back please!. :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be related to "Kingsford", but rather either.....
Kingsoft which I believe is a productivity suite of software similar to Open Office or one of the other Office type suites
OR
Enemy Territory which is associated with a game that has been around for decades called Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory developed and sold by a company called Activision.

Whichever or whatever is the case if it runs at startup as you have indicated you need to find where it has parked itself and get rid of it.
I have often found Autoruns quiet valuable when trying to sort something like this.

Reaction score
It owns, or hosts, WPS also. Originally german company but I am prejudiced - it is now a Chinese company!! It says it is free to download, which is correct, but if you continue using it, you have to pay. They also own or distribute a few utilities, you might have accidentally picked something up from there?
Follow Trouble's suggestions and see if you can track it and be rid of it-

Reaction score
Hi Lois,

did you ever have Kingsford software installed at any time?.

Assuming you can still boot into Windows 10, take a look at Task Manager (Processes and Start-Up) and see if there is anything referring to it and report back please!. :)

I've never had any Kingsford software installed.

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be related to "Kingsford", but rather either.....
Kingsoft which I believe is a productivity suite of software similar to Open Office or one of the other Office type suites
OR
Enemy Territory which is associated with a game that has been around for decades called Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory developed and sold by a company called Activision.

Whichever or whatever is the case if it runs at startup as you have indicated you need to find where it has parked itself and get rid of it.
I have often found Autoruns quiet valuable when trying to sort something like this.

I'll try it

Reaction score
It owns, or hosts, WPS also. Originally german company but I am prejudiced - it is now a Chinese company!! It says it is free to download, which is correct, but if you continue using it, you have to pay. They also own or distribute a few utilities, you might have accidentally picked something up from there?
Follow Trouble's suggestions and see if you can track it and be rid of it-

OK--I do have WPS.

Reaction score
I generally hate that process of "free to download", the play of the wording is the same Try then Buy as when getting Shareware from bulletin boards some 25-30 years ago. Downside to the trial versions is they tend to leave a marker that they've been there and one can't simply reinstall to try again.

Reaction score
Agree with BigFeet, try LO, it is free and very stable with no spyware!.

You might want to run Disk Cleanup or something similar which may get rid of the offending remaining traces of WPS?. :)

Ask a Question