Turning off High Contrast

Reaction score
Since I installed Windows 10, it automatically went to high contrast.
Every time I reboot - it reverts to high contrast again.
When I go to settings to change, none of the buttons there work for me.
Any ideas folks?

Reaction score
When I go to settings to change, none of the buttons there work for me

Just in case. Did you do it this way......................

Start button > Settings > Personalization > left side, select Colors > right side, scroll down to the end, select High contrast settings > under Choose a theme, make sure it says None > if not, click the pointer and select None.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Additionally you may want to check here
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center\Make the computer easier to see
Make sure you don't have anything in there turned on..... specifically "High Contrast".

Reaction score
I have the same problem as the previous poster. When I get to the Personalization/Colors I can't move any of the sliders. At the very bottom it has HIGH CONTRAST SETTINGS. When that is clicked it goes to same place as Settings/ Ease of Access/ High Contrast/Choose a Theme. There is shows the theme as "unsaved Theme." "None" appears in the list but when I select NONE and click Apply the response is "This theme can't be applied to the desktop. Try clicking a different theme."
HELP! These colors are driving me nuts!!

Reaction score
I have the same problem as the previous poster. When I get to the Personalization/Colors I can't move any of the sliders. At the very bottom it has HIGH CONTRAST SETTINGS. When that is clicked it goes to same place as Settings/ Ease of Access/ High Contrast/Choose a Theme. There is shows the theme as "unsaved Theme." "None" appears in the list but when I select NONE and click Apply the response is "This theme can't be applied to the desktop. Try clicking a different theme."
HELP! These colors are driving me nuts!!
My system wouldn't resolve this issue with the above instructions either, so I finally resolved it by going to Windows Settings, Personalization, Themes, Themes Settings, and then select Windows Default.

Ask a Question