Two user accts. only one admin no record of second.

Reaction score
I didn't encounter this problem until subscribing to a new outlook email alias. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have one account to log into on bootup, when my computer goes to sleep and I attempt to log back in there is an option to switch user. I only have the one admin acct listed under users. Not sure as to what would be causing this problem. When I switch user it only shows the same windows live login name I use when I initially turn it on. Please Advise.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Mr. G and welcome to the forum.
I'm not sure that this is something to be overly concerned about. I suspect that it is just some silly default behavior and a hold over from previous versions of Windows.
I think you can eliminate this if you adjust a couple power / screen saver settings regarding prompt for password upon resume from .........
Check your advanced power options settings and use the link near the top that says "Change settings that are currently unavailable" and then switch yes to no in the box that says Require a password on wakeup.
Then check Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen -> Screen saver settings (at the bottom)
Uncheck the box that says "On resume, display logon screen"
See if that does the trick, if not..... like I said, I don't think I would worry too much about it.

Reaction score
It could be from the previous version, but like I said I didn't see the problem until I added new outlook aliases. I will try what you mention. I already noticed that "on resume display logon screen" is already unchecked. Do you figure it will be corrected in an update? Thanks.

Ask a Question