Unable to Add Pin to Windows 10

Reaction score
Hello Friends,

I am unable to add pin to Windows 10. Can anyone tell me how to get it resolved?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi MilesjD,

What is the status of your current Account? Is it a Microsoft account with Administrator privileges, or a Local User Account ( i.e. you are not signing in with a Microsoft account password ).

If it is a Microsoft account, then try clicking Start > Settings cog > Accounts and selecting Your info on the left pane, the do the following:
  • On the right pane click Sign in with a local account instead and follow prompts to create this
  • When done, sign-out then sign-in to your Local account
  • Now click Start > Settings cog > Accounts and on left pane select Sign-in options
  • Now on right pane select Windows HELLO pin
  • Create a pin
  • Now on left pane select Your info
  • Click Sign in with a Microsoft account and follow prompts
  • Sign out then sign-in again to your Microsoft account

All going well you'll now be able to use the pin to sign-in with.

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
The article you linked to has a few ideas that might well be worth trying.

Reaction score
Hi MilesjD,

What is the status of your current Account? Is it a Microsoft account with Administrator privileges, or a Local User Account ( i.e. you are not signing in with a Microsoft account password ).

If it is a Microsoft account, then try clicking Start > Settings cog > Accounts and selecting Your info on the left pane, the do the following:
  • On the right pane click Sign in with a local account instead and follow prompts to create this
  • When done, sign-out then sign-in to your Local account
  • Now click Start > Settings cog > Accounts and on left pane select Sign-in options
  • Now on right pane select Windows HELLO pin
  • Create a pin
  • Now on left pane select Your info
  • Click Sign in with a Microsoft account and follow prompts
  • Sign out then sign-in again to your Microsoft account

All going well you'll now be able to use the pin to sign-in with.

Regards,

Regedit32
Well said.

Reaction score
I am Local user and have no issue with pin to taskbar using right click or also from menu use right click to pin to start or pin to taskbar.
you might open command prompt as Admin then run SFC /scannow to see if you have any system file corruption.

Ask a Question