Unable to backup to network drive

Reaction score
My PC is running Windows 10 v 17763. My OS is installed on a SSD drive. i have three other SATA drives on the PC, D, E, F. My PC is connected to a Neatgear NightHawk R7800 router, with the latest firmware. A 4TB HDD is connected to the router by usb. The 4 TB external HDD is mapped to the Windows 10 network.
My issue is that I want to mirrow backup the C, D, E, F drives on my PC to the external HDD on the network. When I use Windows backup to do the job, the backup starts but shortly there after I receive a message that the backup stopped.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year!,

Reaction score
I have a slightly different issue but am posting my experience to maybe give an idea of what to look for. I have 2 NAS 2TB drives connected by Ethernet cable to my Router. Only issue I have with them is in playing videos stored on them, get a hesitation/freeze for a short while as Windows appears to be downloading to memory and resuming play. Once it finishes I can replay without that hesitation. I sometimes see the same when ripping music CDs, just let them finish loading/playing and no problem [16GB RAM]. I like the NAS drives as I can map them from most any computer connected by Ethernet cable or Wireless/Wi-Fi.

Does your problem exist with an External USB drive connected directly to the computer? Do you have USB 3 ports and cables in use? I also have 2 USB 3 HDDs connected to the main computer using an added 4-port PCIe X4 USB 3 card and not mapped anywhere else, don't see much problem with them.

Deprecation of features and programs/apps is an ongoing situation but all part of the WaaS we've been dealing with for a few years.

Reaction score
My PC is running Windows 10 v 17763. My OS is installed on a SSD drive. i have three other SATA drives on the PC, D, E, F. My PC is connected to a Neatgear NightHawk R7800 router, with the latest firmware. A 4TB HDD is connected to the router by usb. The 4 TB external HDD is mapped to the Windows 10 network.
My issue is that I want to mirrow backup the C, D, E, F drives on my PC to the external HDD on the network. When I use Windows backup to do the job, the backup starts but shortly there after I receive a message that the backup stopped.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year!,
Run Troubleshooter to see what the issue is... and it would be nice to know what error code you were given. also if you mirror the Drives, what is the total size of all your drives not including the 4 TB.

Ask a Question