SOLVED Unable to create backup and Image system

Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday, I tried to create (5x) a backup and Image system and each time it failed with these error code 0x8078006B with 0x8004230F, and then this one : 0x81000019 and saying something about « VSS » and « SPP » and finally this one after trying again to start the backup : irremediable failure (0x8000FFFF). o_O

I opened « services.msc » and checked « Shadow copies of volumes » (I don't know if it's the right translation ?), the service was on “ Manual ” but was stopped, so I started it and restarted my computer, and tried once again, unfortunately I had the same result ! :(

I ran sfc /scannow, no violation of integrity.

I ran Microsoft's « Software Repair Tool », after completion, I tried again... Still not able to create backup and Image system ! :(

Yesterday's Updates are installed and now according to « winver » I got version 1703 (build 15063.413).

If someone have any idea :) I'm listening ! :)

Thanks to all of You !

Regards JAY B

Regedit32

Reaction score
What are you backing up too?

DVD, External USB Thumb drive, External USB Drive, something else?

Have you verified you have sufficent space for the backup to be created?

Reaction score
Hello Regedit32 !

Sorry for answering so late ! :p

I was trying backing up to a WD externel hard disk, wich is partitionned. I was using a partition of 108 Go and according to Windows Backup, I needed only 31 Go of space.

But now everything is back to normal !?!! :)

This morning, after not using my laptop for over 24 hours, I tried again and it was successfull !

It's a complete mystery for me !???

I hope it's going to be OK for the next backup for next month ?!??

Thanks for Your concern :)

Regards ;) JAY B.

Ask a Question