SOLVED Unable to create a Restore Point

Reaction score
I want to create a restore point while my Windows 10 is working good. I only have one restore point in the list and when I tried to create a new restore point I got a message: Insufficient storage available to create either the shadow copy storage file or other shadow copy data (0X8004231F)

I shutdown and restarted and tried again and got this message the second time I tried to create a restore point. What do I do to create a restore point

upload_2016-4-18_18-58-49.png

Reaction score
Now, go to the block for Configure. Sometimes, 10 will set your restore points to a very low number to save disk space. I found that my own rig could only have one restore point. Move the slider to give Restore Points more space, and that should solve the problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the start button and choose Run and in the Run Dialog Box type
services.msc
scroll down to Volume Shadow Copy service and make sure that it is not disabled.
Right click it and see if it will start

Reaction score
Thanks to all who answered. Vince; In the Configure block I moved my slider and I could now set a restore point. Could you tell me what the slider should be set at to have a few restore point available?
Trouble - The Volume Shadow Copy service was set to manual should it be set to Automatic?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope manual is the way mine is set, so I'm pretty sure that is the working default and satisfactory.

Reaction score
Here is How to create Restore Point in Windows 10

First of all search create a restore point in the windows taskbar in bottom left of your computer screen. Click on create a restore point as shown in the screenshot below.

First click on system protection tab in the window that appears.

In next step click on create.

finally enter the restore name you wish to provide and then click ok. your restore point will be created.

Enter any name you wish so that you can identify it later. Finally click on create.

It will take a while while the restore point is being created. After that a dialogue box will come out saying your system restore point has been created.

Source:- http://merabheja.com/create-restore-point-in-windows-10/

Ask a Question