Unable to boot in dual mode

Reaction score
Well I did it…...
I have been running windows 10 (with all the latest updates) and Linux Mint on an HP6000 tower for the past couple of years in a dual boot arrangement, with not even a hiccup. ( I need to explain that the pc had windows 7 Pro originally) Boy did I ever change that about three days ago.
I decided to install a program (XXXXXX ) for my M3 players, but before I did , I made a restore point just in case of.
Well the program did not work so instead of uninstalling the program I did the restore point. As it was restoring we had a power interruption about 1 minute into process ,Needless to say have not been able to boot since then into either windows 10 or Linux mint!! Tried the Windows 10 repair disk that I had made for this particular PC , and said it could not repair. Any help would be appreciated, See picture of the partition setup that I got when I ran a live Gparted scan a day ago.
Any help would be appreciated in advance, would like to keep all data if possible

Attachments

• 2042A1.jpg
    2042A1.jpg
    922.5 KB · Views: 44
Reaction score
Did I talk to you before about dual booting because I am currently dual booting windows11 and raspberry pi os (Debian linux) Great work. So it sounds like you need a reinstallation but first how did you install windows10 and how did you install linux Installation disk, iso? You see I had a problem and that was when I installed RPI OS I had to shrink C: So after it had been installed for a while I looked at the partitions via diskmge I deleted a 975 MB partition and restarted do to an update when I came back I found grub in recovery mode because it was an "unrecognized" file system and I had to reinstall RPI OS in order to boot to windows again NOTE I did not reinstall windows i did not lose any data.

To me it sounds like you have corrupted your boot partition and because of dual boot to Linux, repair disk will not work and clean reinstall is probably necessary. let me know how you installed everything in the first place and I might be able to do to yours what I did to mine.

Raspberry pi os is A version of debian linux Adapted for the raspberry pi It has a nicer desktop than debian itself so I used the raspberry pi desktop offered for pcs and macs They have a CLT version too.

Did I talk to you about dual boot before.

Reaction score
Did I talk to you before about dual booting because I am currently dual booting windows11 and raspberry pi os (Debian linux) Great work. So it sounds like you need a reinstallation but first how did you install windows10 and how did you install linux Installation disk, iso? You see I had a problem and that was when I installed RPI OS I had to shrink C: So after it had been installed for a while I looked at the partitions via diskmge I deleted a 975 MB partition and restarted do to an update when I came back I found grub in recovery mode because it was an "unrecognized" file system and I had to reinstall RPI OS in order to boot to windows again NOTE I did not reinstall windows i did not lose any data.

To me it sounds like you have corrupted your boot partition and because of dual boot to Linux, repair disk will not work and clean reinstall is probably necessary. let me know how you installed everything in the first place and I might be able to do to yours what I did to mine.

Raspberry pi os is A version of debian linux Adapted for the raspberry pi It has a nicer desktop than debian itself so I used the raspberry pi desktop offered for pcs and macs They have a CLT version too.

Did I talk to you about dual boot before.
I had windows 7 originally and updated to win 10 thru MS. I installed Linux mint by downloaded iso and it was what controlled the boot sequence. I am still showing windows 10 to be present on the HDD as well as recovery for win 7. I finally ran Linux recovery disk and the boot was all messed up, but the LM recovery disk repaired the grub and have no problem loading L M now the problem is with the boot portion on the win 10 and I cannot find out how to fix it. Win recovery will not fix it.

Reaction score
Best Propably should wipe hard drive and start over but instead of using iso installer use installation disk as the iso did not work for me.

Reaction score
Try easybcd. It can sometimes sort out a dual boot problem under difficult circumstances

Last edited:

Ask a Question