SOLVED Unable to open a Windows 10 Forum page

Reaction score
Try to open link:
https://www.windows10forums.com/art...letter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=May 2019

to a page on Windows 10 Forum to find Computer Specifications and get this trying to log in:

I use my registered login the the forum and get rejected.

Why can'y I open this page??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is interesting - it looks like that page is trying to load part of the forum admin panel. Is anyone else getting the same error?

Reaction score
Normal connect to the link for me. Maybe (?), he has to mark initially , to stay logged in?

Reaction score
It is from the Windows 10 Forums May 2019 Newsletter! - Under How to Check Your System Specifications.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks @tacoslammer, hopefully someone else here can replicate it too. Could you do me a favour please and press F12 in your browser (after you've clicked "cancel" on that popup) and let me know if any errors appear in the "console" tab. It should alert me to where the problematic link on the page is.

Reaction score
Why must one go through having to enter a RUN command to get info that should be available from Specifications or a link from the Start Menu??????

Reaction score
Now it did not connect again!!!!! Clicked the F12, nothing at all under Console TAB; i.e. blank page.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll do some testing, as this error should not be happening, and I'm not sure why you are seeing that popup. Next time it happens, it would be a great help if you could click "cancel" on the popup, then right click the page somewhere and select "view page source". Then, save that source code to a .txt file and upload it to the forum. That should show me where it's trying to access that link from :). It would really help me out if you're able to do this, as I can't see why this is happening.

Reaction score
Still Ok here. What browser are you using when you try to open it?

Fwiw. Any other comments from members???

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No problems with IE, Chrome or Edge
Maybe try flushing DNS, just to see if there's a bad "A" or "AAAA" record cached.

Reaction score
I'll do some testing, as this error should not be happening, and I'm not sure why you are seeing that popup. Next time it happens, it would be a great help if you could click "cancel" on the popup, then right click the page somewhere and select "view page source". Then, save that source code to a .txt file and upload it to the forum. That should show me where it's trying to access that link from :). It would really help me out if you're able to do this, as I can't see why this is happening.

Attachments

• Document.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 250
Reaction score
Ian,
Per your request here is the info:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
<title>401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body{margin:0;font-size:.7em;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background:#EEEEEE;}
fieldset{padding:0 15px 10px 15px;}
h1{font-size:2.4em;margin:0;color:#FFF;}
h2{font-size:1.7em;margin:0;color:#CC0000;}
h3{font-size:1.2em;margin:10px 0 0 0;color:#000000;}
#header{width:96%;margin:0 0 0 0;padding:6px 2% 6px 2%;font-family:"trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;color:#FFF;
background-color:#555555;}
#content{margin:0 0 0 2%;position:relative;}
.content-container{background:#FFF;width:96%;margin-top:8px;padding:10px;position:relative;}
-->
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id="header"><h1>Server Error</h1></div>
<div id="content">
<div class="content-container"><fieldset>
<h2>401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.</h2>
<h3>You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.</h3>
</fieldset></div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks @tacoslammer - that is interesting. It looks like you're being redirected to an access denied page, I expected that the page it sent you to would be a normal page with an embedded link to an image or similar behind the admin.php page.

I'll try using FF and see if I can replicate this.

Reaction score
The other day it appeared to be kind of rendom. I.e. on a couple of occasions I got the right page the May 2019 Newsletter refereed to: How to Check Your System Specifications. Just now it opened the right page. Earlier today I got the lock out notice. Then tried again just now and got the Authentication Required notice. Go figure!!!! :confused:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I assume this is the link that is causing the issue??

IS it possible that the link included in the most recent news letter was bad in the email?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
IS it possible that the link included in the most recent news letter was bad in the email?
Yep, it looks like this is the cause! I'm working on fixing it now :).

Thank you for alerting me to this @tacoslammer, I should have the fix in place soon.

Ask a Question