Unable to print a picture

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi regjoy,

Welcome to the Forum.

The issue with printed embedded images inside a .docx file has been around for a while. If memory serves me right since XP days, but definitely since Windows 7 days if not XP.

Which version of Word are you using? Word 2010, something else?

In Windows 10 you can go to Start > Settings cog > Apps, then select Microsoft Office / Microsoft Word 20xx if you only has Word installed, and click that then Advanced options to reset the app.

You can also manipulate the Registry as this issue usually implies a registry corruption or the actual APP is corrupted and needs reinstalling or repair.

If I know what version of Word you are using I'll be able to point you to the registry keys you need to address, or just write a quick REG file to help you out.

In the meanwhile, to give you an idea of the likely issue, a better explanation is given here with regards to Word 2000, 2002, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...et-user-options-and-registry-settings-in-word You'll find a FixIt file is offered there which if you run may resolve everything for you.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi regjoy,

Welcome to the Forum.

The issue with printed embedded images inside a .docx file has been around for a while. If memory serves me right since XP days, but definitely since Windows 7 days if not XP.

Which version of Word are you using? Word 7 Word 2010, something else?

In Windows 10 you can go to Start > Settings cog > Apps, then select Microsoft Office / Microsoft Word 20xx if you only has Word installed, and click that then Advanced options to reset the app. Didnt have the Advanced options to reset the app.

You can also manipulate the Registry as this issue usually implies a registry corruption or the actual APP is corrupted and needs reinstalling or repair. Not sure about this. Should I just reinstall?

If I know what version of Word you are using I'll be able to point you to the registry keys you need to address, or just write a quick REG file to help you out.

In the meanwhile, to give you an idea of the likely issue, a better explanation is given here with regards to Word 2000, 2002, 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...et-user-options-and-registry-settings-in-word You'll find a FixIt file is offered there which if you run may resolve everything for you. Fixit file did not help.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question