Unable to print emails from Windows live Mail 2012

Reaction score
I don't often print emails but today I went to print an email and had no success... has this something to do with the new build having being installed ?
Anyone else having this problem ?
Thanks

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi solos60,

When you've opened an email in Windows Live Mail 2012:
  • Click File > Print to open the following window:

Untitled.png

You may need to select the printer again as occasionally the Cumulative Updates upset your default settings. In the above image the highlighted PDF995 is the current choice for me.

If no printers appear in that box, or you cannot see your connected printer there, click the Find Printer button and select your actual printer that way.

Failing this, you can click Start > Settings > Devices to change default printer or add a printer.

You could also right-click on Start and select Device Manager and check there are no issues with your Printer there. You could even consider trying to disable / enable it and also check for updated drivers.

Reaction score
Thank you Regedit32 for your great reply... everything checks out OK.
The discovery I made while following all your suggestions was that I was able to print emails from my Windows Live Mail 2012 with the exception of 2 particular emails from the same sender from a Bank !
Its a mystery to me why I get the print window with all other emails except those 2 particular emails.
Thanks again for your assistance.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi solos60,

I'm not too sure why two banking emails will not print.

If you need to print them what you could do for now is:
  • Open the bank email
  • Press Ctrl and Alt and PrtScn keys together
  • Press Windows key and S key together to give focus to Search box
  • In Search box type paint then press Enter key
  • When Paint opens in top toolbar click Paste which will paste the screen capture you just made
  • Next click the crop button which is also in top toolbar
  • You could then try printing the picture you now have to see if that helps.
Aternatively, you could try opening the bank email, then forward it to yourself, and see whether you can print the forwarded copy.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
HI solo60,

I know is late to solve your problem but can be of help for others that still use Windows Live Mail 2012 also on the latest Windows 10.

Normally I don't have problems to print mail from WLM but sometimes one mail won't.

This is my workaround.

- reply to the mail you can't print but don't send it, instead Save it using menu File, Save, so it will be filed into Drafts
- close the mail
- go to the Drafts folder, select the just created draft, don't open it
- right click on it with the mouse e select Print or menu File, Print

HTH

Last edited:

Ask a Question