Unauthenticated Network

Reaction score
Win 10 machines (HP EliteDesks for the most part) on our local domain go unauthenticated network after updating with the fall feature update. we have found a work around for this ( clean installing Microsoft 1803 OS). we tried using the oem system disks to clean install, but as soon as the updates run, the network goes unauthenticated again. we have over 150 computers and find it quite time consuming and unrealistic to do a clean install on every computer. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Reaction score
I have been retired for 12 years and I had 'people' to do the deep down stuff but.

Your domain has a proper Microsoft server and everybody logs onto that? No peer to peer.
The workstations are all using W10 pro and are fully controlled by the server?
The server is the sole repository of userids, permissions etc. I.e an old fashioned server doing server stuff.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
we have found a work around for this ( clean installing Microsoft 1803 OS).
1803 doesn't need to be a "clean install" you can install it as an upgrade.
I worked on a lot of Windows Domains since NT4 and I've never seen that term "unauthenticated network".
My immediate suspicion would be that something is messing with your IP config and as a result the device is not seeing or communicating with your Local DNS server (often but not always the DC)
I would double check that your DHCP server is configured properly to hand out appropriate and proper DNS information
AND
That they are not grabbing IP addressing info from some rogue DHCP server (router) on the network somewhere.

Ask a Question