SOLVED Unknown Cookies

Reaction score
Windows 10, MS365: I try to keep excess cookies, old registry entries, etc. off my laptop and use CCleaner to help. I constantly see two cookies, live.com and g.live.com, when I run CCleaner. I delete them and they come back the next time I check. I don't know what generates them of if they should be of any concern. I do use Bing wallpaper and Outlook, but use Chrome and not Edge, all of which I have seen mentioned in passing when I google these cookies. Can someone enlighten me about these cookies?

Reaction score
Isn't this to do with Cortana?..I've stopped it on start up..Try Bleach bit, but set it up carefully.Plus I use Privacy Badger.

Reaction score
You'll find it's ccleaner more than like. I dumped it years ago for finding the same stuff over and over again, even after the first scan.

Reaction score
live.com is a Microsoft domain so these will be perfectly safe cookies that are likely required.

Reaction score
Isn't Live.com the email and calander?.
I suspect it's used for a variety of features. Since it's registered to Microsoft you have no need to worry, it's a mistake to try and second guess how Microsoft manage Windows. ;)

Ask a Question