Unknown USB Device - Link in Compliance Mode

Reaction score
This one has just popped up in the last few days and is driving me crazy, tried all the usual disconnecting devices, but I am flying blind here as I do not know which device is the culprit. I have attached an image of the properties of the culprit showing some details which may help to find what device is the offender.
Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• USB issue.png
    USB issue.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 63
Reaction score
SuperSpeed is the designation for USB 3 ports, ones with blue centers in them. The message suggests the problem is with either the USB 3 functions of the motherboard or a device plugged into them. Most times the markings on cases near the USB ports will show a trident-style symbol for USB 2 and the same with SS added for the USB 3 ports.

Reaction score
Ok thanks for that. very frustrating trying to get to the bottom of this one.

Reaction score
Ok have found the problem, it was a 4 port powered USB 3 hub that has decided to die. It still has power light on it which fooled me, but when any device plugged in, it is totally unresponsive, removed this hub and problem has disappeared. Thanks for help on this Bighorn, your mention of USB 3 stuff was instrumental in the outcome.

Ask a Question