Unsaved Tasks in MS Project 2007

Reaction score
Like a complete idiot I was working on a large task list in Microsoft Project. I didn't "save" the project as I should have, and when I returned to work this morning, there had been a power failure, which took down my PC.
Is there anyway I might be able to retrieve this task list I was working on?
Thanks!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I'm the first to admit that I know less than nothing about MS Project, but......
I do know that most Microsoft Productivity Suite programs have an autosave feature.
Perhaps investigate how you have that configured and where the autosave files are saved (probably a hidden folder somewhere and likely with a different file extension).
That might be a good place to start looking.

Reaction score
Hi William,
Sorry, I have been down that road myself. The short answer is no...
The only thing you can do is restart Project and hope for a magic message asking if you want to recover your work. Well, still can try to ms project recovery file in the online service Microsoft Project repair online. Maybe it's something will help. Unfortunately, I have never seen one appear. https://onlinefilerepair.com/en/project-repair-online.html

You have my sympathies.
…., PMP
Microsoft Project Blackbelt

Ask a Question