Update Tuesday...... Again

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
KB4074588 available now.
Not a lot of information as of yet as to what it fixes or what it breaks, but....
I'm sure we'll get something a little later

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I have been watching TIworker using high CPU resources and large downloads by have not yet seen an update mentioned. Of course, that could change at any second.

Ugh, just started showing four updates available with the one you mentioned... If I see any problems I will let you know

Reaction score
Details in the attached
I think this one could be important. Last before the biggy.

Attachments

• Update.pdf
    92.1 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Reaction score
Of the three systems I have done, all seemed to go OK.

All I might say is this update process is a CPU killer. On one of my laptop systems, if you watch it from the time the TIworker starts until the update is complete, the CPU ran a full speed and 37% to 100% utilization for around 45 minutes... Hopefully, a system like this will not be caught in a situation where it cannot utilize its full cooling ability.

Reaction score
It only showed up one one of my three Windows 10 machines, even after clicking "check for updates". I manually downloaded it for the other two. No issues on any of them so far.

Reaction score
It only showed up one one of my three Windows 10 machines, even after clicking "check for updates". I manually downloaded it for the other two. No issues on any of them so far.
It only showed up on two of my seven Windows 10 machines, even after clicking "check for updates". I manually downloaded it for the other ones.
Better than the last update where, it only showed up on one of my seven Windows 10 machines, even after clicking "check for updates". Manual update didn't work on any of the six. Had to perform an in place upgrade install on them using that current build, then did the manual update.
The problem is, a previous update corrupts the update process. An uninstall of it allows the manual update to occur.
This is it, but takes as long or longer than the in place upgrade install.

1. Uninstall KB4056892
I had 2 of these. Uninstalled both. Requires a restart.
2. Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
This takes a long time.
3. Start the regular windows update, to let the OS find its updates (it will reinstall ..892)
It didn't for me & WU found no updates
4. Install KB4058258from downloaded msu file.
This takes a very long time. Wait it out.

Ask a Question