Well it's update Tuesday Again

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
AND... with it comes a new Cumulative update KB3135173
Which will bring your build number up to 10586.104
From what I've been reading it appears to address a lot of fixes, but......
Then we've heard that all before.

Capture.JPG

So I went from 10586.79 and survived without issue. Evidently installing the update that wasn't didn't have any effect on this subsequent update.

Last edited:
Reaction score
WU keeps trying to give me an update I already have and another I have no programs for.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
for Enterprise customers I guess
Pretty sure that is correct.
The difference between LTSB (Long Term Servicing Branch) and CB (Current Branch) I think, they get the cumulative updates but didn't get the November 1511 upgrade.

Reaction score
And there are details of what is in the release

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

Interesting that 10240 is being maintained separately...for Enterprise customers I guess
I am glad to hear about the first fix in the version 1511 list: Fixed issues with authentication, update installation, and operating system installation.
Specifically, the update installation fix. I know the installation went without a hitch for me (so far).

Bif

Reaction score
Well... just downloaded the newest offering and had a few burps and farts upon restart with task bar icons failing to appear as well as the "windows" start button not responding at all.It also took about 5 minutes for what I'm assuming in layman's terms load all the goodies and catch-up ie: sound icon showed off but there was sound,wireless icon showed no connection when I was connected.I sat back and let things sort themselves out and alas all is fine now..I hope!

Reaction score
I received update KB3135173 today and my update history shows it was successfully installed twice the restart took nearly 15 minutes to do any explanations gratefully excepted

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That seems to be going around lately.
Have you tried going to Control Panel, Programs and Features, and selecting it and then use should have a repair option by right clicking or using the "Change" button.
Some people have been reporting that it has helped.

Reaction score
Here is my update history...LOL
I've seen that myself, and with automatic updates, you can't stop it from re-downloading again, again, and again.

And as for any downloadable tools that maybe available. I wonder how bothered the 200 billion users are going to be about downloading that for a fix. I'm sure as hell not thinking about it for myself. If there is a fix MS can integrate it into the GUI.

Reaction score
That seems to be going around lately.
Have you tried going to Control Panel, Programs and Features, and selecting it and then use should have a repair option by right clicking or using the "Change" button.
Some people have been reporting that it has helped.
That is how I finally stopped it,

Ask a Question